Advancements in Pulmonary Thoracic Oncology: Women Leaders in Medicine, Ep. 9
This podcast series aims to highlight the women leaders in medicine across the United States. Moderator Jaspal Singh, MD, MHA, MHS, interviews prominent women making waves in their field and breaking the glass ceiling. Listen in to gain insight on the leadership lessons learned.
Episode 9: Moderator Jaspal Singh, MD, MHA, MHS, interviews Susan Garwood, MD, and Nina Maouelainin, DO, MBA, about advancements in pulmonary thoracic oncology, including key innovations, important trends, and lessons learned.
Susan Garwood, MD, is an advanced bronchoscopist and the National Physician Director of Pulmonary Disease at HCA Health Care in Nashville, Tennessee.
Nina Maouelainin, DO, MBA, is an interventional pulmonologist and the founder and CEO of Lung Health Services in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Jaspal Singh, MD, MHA, MHS, is medical director of pulmonary oncology and critical care education, as well as a professor of medicine, at Atrium Health in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Brownlee AR, Donington JS. Update on lung cancer screening. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2020;41(3):447-452. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-3400480
- Kim TJ, Kim CH, Lee HY, Chung MJ, Shin SH, Lee KJ, Lee KS. Management of incidental pulmonary nodules: current strategies and future perspectives. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2020;14(2):173-194. https://doi.org/10.1080/17476348.2020.1697853
- Jiang J, Chang SH, Kent AJ, Geraci TC, Cerfolio RJ. Current novel advances in bronchoscopy. Front Surg. 2020;7:596925. https://doi.org/10.3389/fsurg.2020.596925
- Kent AJ, Byrnes KA, Chang SH. State of the art: robotic bronchoscopy. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020;32(4):1030-1035. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semtcvs.2020.08.008
- Singh J, Das A, Khosla S. Sleep medicine beyond the pandemic: women leaders in medicine, ep. 8. Consultant360.com. Published August 10, 2021. Accessed August 17, 2021. https://www.consultant360.com/podcast/pulmonology/critical-care/sleep-medicine-beyond-pandemic-women-leaders-medicine-ep-8