Bill Kapogiannis, MD, on Disparities Among Youth With HIV in the Care Continuum
In this podcast, Bill Kapogiannis, MD, discusses the multi-Federal agency SMILE Collaborative (Strategic Multisite Initiative for the Identification, Linkage and Engagement in Care of HIV-infected youth), which was an analysis of adolescents and young adults in the HIV care continuum in urban parts of the United States.
- Kapogiannis B, Koenig LJ, Jiahong X, et al; the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions. The HIV continuum of care for adolescents and young adults attending 13 urban US HIV care centers of the NICHD-ATN-CDC-HRSA SMILE Collaborative [published online January 28, 2020]. JAIDS J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. doi:10.1097/QAI.0000000000002308.
- Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. February 3, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/endhiv/index.html.
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN). Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. June 13, 2019. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/research/supported/atn.
- Fortenberry JD, Koenig LJ, Kapogiannis BG, Jeffries CL, Ellen JM, Wilson CM. Implementation of an integrated approach to the National HIV/AIDS Strategy for Improving Human Immunodeficiency Virus Care for Youths. JAMA Pediatr. 2017;171(7):687-693. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2017.0454.
- ATN Request for Proposals (RFP): Research Aimed at Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America. Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN). January 28, 2020. https://atnweb.org/atnweb/ending-the-hiv-epidemic-request-for-proposals.
Bill Kapogiannis, MD, is a physician scientist and medical officer in the Maternal and Pediatric Infectious Disease Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development at the NIH in Bethesda, Maryland.