Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, ANP-BC, on the Proposed Rollback Protections for LGBTQ
Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, ANP-BC, from Rutgers University, is the president of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC). In this podcast, he explains why ANAC publicly opposes 2 federally proposed policy changes that concern protections from discrimination in health care and shelter housing for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) individuals. What can you do to ensure LGBTQ patients are respected and safe? Listen in.
Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, ANP-BC, is the president of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care and is a clinical professor in the Division of Advanced Nursing Practice at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey .
- About. Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. https://www.nursesinaidscare.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3277. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- ANAC opposes proposed changes to HUD and HHS policies (Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, e-mail communication, May 28, 2019). https://bit.ly/2FllfYE.
- Education & training. The Fenway Institute. https://fenwayhealth.org/the-fenway-institute/education/. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- Stracqualursi V. HUD proposes rule that would roll back protections for transgender homeless [published online May 24, 2019]. CNN Politics. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/23/politics/hud-rule-transgender-homeless-shelters-ben-carson/index.html.
- Tran V. Trump-Pence admin announces plan to eliminate LGBTQ non-discrimination protections in healthcare [published online May 24, 2019]. Human Rights Campaign. https://www.hrc.org/blog/trumppence-admin-announces-plan-to-eliminate-lgbtq-non-discrimination-prot.