Erin Michos, MD, on Reducing CVD Outcomes With Influenza Vaccination
In this podcast, Erin Michos, MD, talks about her latest study on how the influenza vaccine effects mortality and morbidity outcomes among patients with established cardiovascular disease. Read the transcript here.
- Yedlapati S, Khan SU, Talluri S, et al. Effects of influenza vaccine on mortality and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Paper presented at: American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2020; November 13-17, 2020; Virtual. https://eventpilotadmin.com/web/planner.php?id=AHA20
- Behrouzi B, Araujo Campoverde MV, Liang K, et al. Influenza vaccination to reduce cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with COVID-19: JACC State-of-the-Art Review. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020;76(15):1777-1794. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2020.08.028
- INfluenza Vaccine to Effectively Stop Cardio Thoracic Events and Decompensated Heart Failure (INVESTED). ClinicalTrials.gov. Accessed November 11, 2020. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT02787044. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02787044
- Study on the Effect of Influenza Vaccination After Heart Attack on Future Cardiovascular Prognosis (IAMI). ClinicalTrials.gov. Accessed November 11, 2020. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT02831608. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02831608
- Influenza Vaccine To Prevent Adverse Vascular Events (RCT-IVVE) (RCT-IVVE). ClinicalTrials.gov. Accessed November 11, 2020. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT02762851. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02762851
Erin D. Michos, MD, is the director of women’s cardiovascular health at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland.