Stanley Liu, MD, on Surgery for Sleep Apnea
In this podcast, Stanley Liu, MD, DDS, from Stanford University, talks about surgery guidelines for patients with sleep apnea, which patients qualify for sleep apnea surgery, and the changing perception of sleep apnea surgery.
Stanley Y.C. Liu, MD, DDS, is an assistant professor of otolaryngology and co-director of the Sleep Surgery Fellowship at Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California.
- Liu SY, Riley RW. Continuing the original Stanford Sleep Surgery Protocol from upper airway reconstruction to upper airway stimulation: our first successful case. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75(7):1514-1518. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joms.2017.02.008.
- Liu SY, Huon LK, Iwasaki T, et al. Efficacy of maxillomandibular advancement examined with drug-induced sleep endoscopy and computational fluid dynamics airflow modeling. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016;154(1):189-195. https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599815611603.
- Liu SY, Wayne Riley R, Pogrel A, Guilleminault C. Sleep surgery in the era of precision medicine. Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2019;27(1):1-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cxom.2018.11.012.
- Liu SY. Sleep surgery: past, present, to precision. Talk presented at: SLEEP 2019; June 8-12, 2019; San Antonio, TX. https://sleepmeeting.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/SLEEP2019_FinalProgram.pdf. Accessed June 28, 2019
- Liu SY, Huon LK, Lo MT, et al. Static craniofacial measurements and dynamic airway collapse patterns associated with severe obstructive sleep apnoea: a sleep MRI study. Clin Otolaryngol. 2016;41(6):700-706. https://doi.org/10.1111/coa.12598