Shane Liddelow, PhD, on Astrocytes Induced by Activated Microglia
In this podcast, Shane Liddelow, PhD, from NYU Langone Health, discusses his latest research on astrocytes—a topic he also spoke about at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference 2019.
- Guttenplan KA, Liddelow SA. Astrocytes and microglia: Models and tools. J Exp Med. 2019;216(1):71-83. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.20180200.
- Liddelow S, Sofroniew MV. Astrocytes usurp neurons as a disease focus. Nature Neurosci. 2019;22:512-513. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41593-019-0367-6.
- Liddelow S. Modern approaches to investigating non-neuronal aspects of Alzheimer's disease. FASEB J. 2019;33(2):1528-1535. https://doi.org/10.1096/fj.201802592.
- Liddelow SA, Guttenplan KA, Clarke LE, et al. Neurotoxic reactive astrocytes are induced by activated microglia. Nature. 2017;541(7638):481-487. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature21029.
- Liddelow Lab. NYU Langone. https://www.liddelowlab.com/#home-section.
Shane Liddelow, PhD, is an assistant professor in the department of neuroscience and physiology at NYU Langone Health in New York, New York. He is also the principal investigator in the Liddelow Lab at the Neuroscience Institute at NYU Langone.