Low Literacy Skills
ClostridiumNovember 18, 2016 /
Where is it found?
- Cooked poultry
- Meats not cooked well enough
- Meats kept at the wrong temperature
What are the symptoms?
Illness develops 8-22 hours after eating and lasts for 24 hours. It can take up to 1-2 weeks to fully recover.
- Abdominal pain
How can I prevent it?
- Reheat all leftovers thoroughly before heating
- Cook all of your food long enough and at high enough temperatures
- Cool food in the refrigerator
Spears MC, Gregoire MB. Foodservice Organizations. 5th ed.Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall; 2004.